Whole-House Water Filtration Systems in San Diego
Get Quality Drinking Water With Home Water Purification System
For many homeowners in the San Diego area, we are all accustomed to having readily available drinking water at any given time. However, if you want to ensure there aren’t any impurities in the water, it’s recommended that you purchase a whole-home water filtration or purification system.
Investing in a whole-house water filter for your San Diego home is well worth the investment because you can rest assured that you won’t be getting sick from your drinking water. Additionally, it can help protect the environment, which is an important element for many homeowners. When you’re ready for a water filtration system installation, call the experts at Point Loma Electric and Plumbing.
Why You Need a Home Water Filtration System in San Diego
A whole home water filtration and purification system is the only way to ensure you have the cleanest water possible in your home. It is about more than that, though. Below are some common reasons why you need a water filtration system in your home.
- It helps lower the pH in your water.
- Introduces you to fewer impurities.
- Reduced health risks to you.
- Rids the water of any unpleasant taste.
- Rids the water of any unpleasant smells.
Investing in a whole house water filtration system is the first step to a healthier lifestyle for you. Once you invest in one, you won’t have to worry about the water you drink. Granted, the system will still need maintenance done every now and then. However, this could potentially save you yearly in medical bills due to illness, which makes the investment worth it every time.
Hard, mineral-rich water, is also a concern in the area. If that’s the case, then a water softener installation may be the better option for your home.
Types of Water Filtration Systems in San Diego
Before you make the leap in purchasing a whole-house water filtration system for your San Diego, CA home, it’s important to educate yourself on the different types of filtration systems on the market. Only then can you make the decision on what type of filtration system is right for your needs.
Below are the different types of water filtration systems:
- Activated Carbon Filters: Removes impurities by means of a bed of activated carbon, which is essentially a filter with tons of pores that trap any impurities as water flows through.
- Reverse Osmosis: Has a semi-permeable membrane the water is forced through to remove impurities. Like a carbon filter, the pores in the filter catch most impurities found in your water supply.
- Alkaline System: The chlorine and other toxins are removed from the water by the filter, and then alkaline minerals are added to the water before it gets to you.
- UV Filters: Germicidal ultraviolet light is used to rid the water of toxins and impurities. These lights attack impurities at the molecular level for improved filtration.
- Infrared Filters: The heat and light are used to negatively charge the water. It then flows over electrically charged plates. These plates separate the alkaline water from the acidic water.
Out of all the different types of systems, the Reverse Osmosis Filtration System is still the most popular in modern San Diego area homes. This type of system uses a membrane to remove ions and other particles in the water. That said, Alkaline Filtration Systems are becoming more popular every year because of the potential health benefits. Working with a water quality expert is always the best way to find the ideal filtration solution for your home.
Poor water quality can also damage your appliances. If your water heater has had recent issues, it may be time for an upgrade.
Explore Whole-House Water Filters Today
At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we are the experts you want on the job. We work hard to ensure a satisfaction guarantee every time and proudly serve cities and neighborhoods in the San Diego area including La Jolla, Ocean Beach, Clairemont, Pacific Beach, University City, Hillcrest, Mission Hills and more! We care about our business as well as you and your needs. When you need a whole-home water filtration system installed into your home, we can help. With over three decades of experience installing water filtration systems, we guarantee a system free of errors and can keep up on the maintenance throughout the years to ensure you get the most for your money.
Still worried about the water quality in your San Diego, CA home? Call us at (619) 224-0672 to discuss our water filtration service today!
From reverse osmosis to UV filters, we have a water filtration system for your San Diego home that works to combat your specific water quality concerns.