Residential Electrician in San Diego
From the lights in your kitchen to the outlets in your living room, keep your electrical system at its best with expert electricians from Point Loma Electric and Plumbing!
Owning a home means being faced with a variety of problems. In most cases, it’s something simple like an overflowing toilet. But when it comes to your electrical system, these issues may become a bit more severe. You rely on your electricity to power your appliances, charge your devices, and keep the lights on. When there’s an issue caused by an outdated electrical panel or faulty wiring, you not only lose access to all those necessities but also put your own safety at risk.
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing has been serving the greater San Diego area for over 32 years. As San Diego’s Older Home specialists, we can help with all your electrical needs including troubleshooting, repair, and installation services.
We offer the very best in electrical services:
- Electrical Repairs
- Electrical Outlet & Switch Services
- Electrical Panel Services
- Electrical Wiring Services
- Indoor Lighting
- Ceiling Fans & Chandeliers
- Light Switches & Dimmers
- LED Lighting & Retrofit
- Outdoor Lighting
- Whole House Fans
- Whole House Generator Services
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Whole House Surge Protector
- Hot Tub Wiring
- Electrical Safety Inspection
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Solar Power
The electrical panel is the heart of your home’s system. Be sure it’s up to date with a panel upgrade and enjoy improved performance and added safety.
Signs You Need an Electrical Contractor
It’s important to note that all electrical repair service needs to be done by a licensed electrician. However, it’s still important to know warning signs so you can get service before it leads to an emergency. Common indicators include:
- Flickering lights
- Outlets or switches that are hot to the touch
- Exposed wiring
- Buzzing sound from your electrical panel
- Loose outlets or plug connections
- Strange odors or burning smells
- Constantly blow fuses or tripped breakers
If any of these issues sound familiar, it’s time to contact your electrical contractor. At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we take the time to troubleshoot your issues because in many cases, they can be related to another system in your home. Our goal is to find that ideal solution that keeps your home and family safe.
Common Electrical Issues
As your full-service electrical company, you can count on our staff to help with any and all issues. Some of our most common fixes include:
- Damaged Outlets: The outlets in your home are your direct connection to the electrical grid. Whether you’re powering your device or using your appliances, a damaged outlet can lead to serious damage. We offer outlet replacement services and can help you leverage these receptacles for all your home needs.
- Outdated Electrical Panel: If your panel is constantly flipping breakers or unable to accommodate any new appliances, there’s a problem. Electrical panels can easily be upgraded and are one of the best modifications you can make in your home.
- Old Wiring: Faulty wiring is the leading cause of house fires. If your home is still using aluminum wiring or there’s exposed wiring sparking, you can count on our electricians for prompt and reliable wiring repairs.
- Outdated Lighting: Looking to save on energy costs and add functionality to your home? It can start with lighting upgrades. Not only can our electricians help with new electrical installations for light fixtures, but also we offer LED retrofits to help modernize your older home.
- Surge Protection: While all homeowners have surge protectors for their electronics like TVs and laptops, it still doesn’t protect the main systems in your home. With a whole-home surge protector installed at the panel, you can protect your entire home from any power grid issues.
If you want to be sure your home’s electrical system is up to code, be sure to schedule a safety inspection today. It can help you get on the path to a safer and more efficient home.
Why Electrical DIY Is Almost Always a Bad Idea
With tons of YouTube channels and tutorials online, many homeowners may feel as though they can tackle that faulty wiring or damaged outlet on their own. However, this can lead to extensive damage, fire risks, and can even put your very safety at risk. Additionally, all electrical repairs and installations need to follow the local codes in the greater San Diego area and can open your home up to fines and levies in the event an inspection is done in the future.
Instead of going through that hassle, rely on an electrical company instead. At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we’ve been serving homeowners in the area for over 32 years. With an A+ rating with the BBB and 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed with every service, we can make a challenging situation that much easier. Best of all, we also specialize in electrical services for older homes, helping bring many of the beautiful properties in the greater San Diego area up to code!
San Diego’s Older Home Specialists
Point Loma Electric & Plumbing has been providing local area homeowners with expert electrical services for over 30 Years. We work with experienced, licensed electricians to serve your electrical needs — whether you want us to rewire your entire home or fix a single electrical outlet, Point Loma will provide you with knowledgeable electricians, prompt response times and friendly, courteous service.
We are San Diego’s older home specialists! From upgrading your light fixtures to installing a new electrical panel, we provide a complete range of electrician services tailored to the unique needs of older homes. We can repair or install any electrical equipment for you including aluminum or cloth-coated electrical wire replacement, new electrical circuits, whole house surge protectors, smoke detectors, custom lighting or electrical panel upgrades.
See how we stand out from the rest!
- Fair, upfront pricing
- Knowledgeable technicians
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Easy financing
Looking for a reliable electrical company in the San Diego, CA area? Call us at (619) 224-0672 and let our years of experience work to keep your family safe and the power on!