San Diego Home Sewer Line Services
Leaking pipes or backed up sewer line? Call us today for permanent sewer and drain repair solutions.
Plumbing problems can cause damage to your home and become a health hazard if not corrected promptly. Don’t let a minor plumbing problem turn into a major headache. From water pipe leaks to backed-up sewer lines, we can help with your drain or sewer repairs. Call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing for prompt, expert sewer line and drain repair service in San Diego.
Request an appointment today!
Warning Signs of Common Sewer Line Issues in San Diego Homes
Some leaks are obvious, and some leaks are slow, but any water pipe leak can become a serious problem if not resolved quickly. Here are a few of the warning signs of common sewer line issues.
- If both your shower and toilet or multiple drains are slow backing up at the same time, this can be an indication of a sewer line backup.
- When you use a drain, the additional water will back up into the other drains. If only one drain is slow, it may not be a problem with your sewer.
- Sewage smell from drains or in the home.
- Gurgling sounds.
- Wet spots in your yard in the vicinity of your sewer line.
- Extra green spots above your sewer line.
- No water in your toilets.
- A bath that drains slowly or will not drain at all.
You may not experience any of these issues but could still have a problem with your sewer line. Regardless, a sewer line inspection would help to determine if your plumbing system is in tip-top shape.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Being on the lookout for the common signs can help determine what the cause of a sewer line problem is. These common causes include:
- ROOTS: Tree roots penetrating sewer lines is one of the most common sewer problems we see in San Diego. Over time, tree roots can cause significant damage to your sewer pipe and cause sewer backups.
- OLD PIPES: Cast iron was commonly used for sewer and plumbing pipes when building many of San Diego’s older homes. Cast iron pipes become brittle and deteriorate and corrode over time and may be in poor condition. If your home still has cast iron plumbing or sewer pipes, we recommend having a plumbing inspection to determine their condition.
- SLUDGE NARROWING THE PIPE: Over time, grease and sludge can build up and create a clog. If the pipes are in otherwise good condition, hydro jetting is a more economical sewer line service than replacement.
- NATURAL EVENTS: Frequent ground freezes or one big freeze and thaw can cause your sewer pipes to burst or crack. Events such as earthquakes or other earth movements can also cause issues with your sewer line.
Give your drains some TLC with expert drain cleaning by Point Loma Electric and Plumbing.
How Much Does Sewer Line and Drain Repair or Replacement Service Cost?
There are several factors that affect the cost of repairing or replacing your plumbing pipes or sewer line.
- If a sewer pipe has damage, the difficulty of making a repair can depend on the location of the pipe and how easy or difficult it is to access the pipe to replace it or make the needed repairs.
- Access to the pipe is a significant factor in the cost of making repairs. If our team must cut out concrete or the pipe is not accessible, that will impact the cost.
- One problem commonly encountered when replacing cast iron pipes is that it can be a challenge to attach new pipes to the old. Sometimes we need to replace more pipe than anticipated which can increase the cost.
The final cost to repair or replace a sewer line can vary widely. Sometimes a plumber can make a spot repair which may cost less than $5000. Typical spot repairs generally start at about $1000 and go up from there. The average ranges from $1200 to $4000.
Sewer line replacement in San Diego can range from about $5000 to $25,000 or even more depending on the length, the access, the extent of the damage and the depth of the sewer line.
Sewer Line Services Offered in San Diego
At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we understand that every property layout and sewer system is unique, which is why we offer several solutions to repair the sewer line under a house:
- Pipe lining: If you have minimal damage to your sewer line, our plumbers will insert an inflatable tube with an epoxy covering into your pipes. The tube will then inflate and press against the existing line. With the tube against the line, the epoxy can cure and harden to repair the leak. Our plumbers will then remove the inflatable tube to leave behind a lasting sewer line repair.
- Pipe bursting: When a sewer line has too much damage for the pipe lining process to handle, our plumbers will use the pipe bursting method. One of our technicians will insert a cone-shaped bit into your existing sewer line to break it up and force it to expand. They can then replace an existing pipe with a new one without having to dig a new trench.
- Excavation: In the event of complete collapse or breaks in the line, our team will perform a whole sewer line replacement for your San Diego home. During this process, our plumbers will dig in your yard to gain access to the damaged line. Typically we will only suggest that you replace the sewer line under a home when there is extensive damage.
Our plumbing team can also perform regularly scheduled inspections and drain cleaning to prevent grease, hair and other debris from clogging and bursting your pipes. This preventive service will protect your pipes and allow us to discover sewer cracking signs as early as possible.
Choose Point Loma Electric and Plumbing For Your Sewer Line Service
Since the creation of Point Loma Electric and Plumbing in 1988, our team has delivered the highest-quality work and ethical service to our customers. We care about the quality and craftsmanship of all our projects, no matter their size. Our team completes every plumbing job to code to ensure it is correct for a long-lasting and effective plumbing solution.
Some advantages of choosing Point Loma Electric and Plumbing for your sewer repair services include:
- Experience: Our team has been in business for over three decades and has experience plumbing older and newer homes, allowing us to offer knowledgeable, comprehensive services.
- Flat pricing rates: You will always know what price to expect thanks to our flat-rate pricing — no surprises or sticker shock.
- Woman-owned business: When you choose Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, you will receive the best service in the area while supporting a local woman-owned and -operated business.
- Satisfaction guarantee: We strive to ensure all our customers feel 100% satisfied with our services and will correct any issues at no additional cost until you are happy with the result.
Contact Our Team Today
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing is proud to set the standard for plumbing and electrical services in San Diego. We realize that every property has different needs when it comes to plumbing repair, so we provide all our customers with multiple solutions to fit their budget and goals for their homes.
Call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing today at 619-224-0672 or complete our online contact form today!
We’ll have those drain or sewer pipes repaired in no time!