San Diego Sewer and Drain Repair
Leaking pipes or backed up sewer line? Call us today for permanent sewer and drain repair solutions.
From Water Pipe Leaks, to Backed up Sewer Lines; We Can Help With Your Drain or Sewer Repairs
Some leaks are obvious, and some leaks are slow, but any water pipe leak can become a serious problem if not resolved quickly. Plumbing problems can cause damage to your home and become a health hazard if not corrected promptly. Don’t let a minor plumbing problem turn into a major headache. Call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing for prompt, expert sewer and drain repair services.
We arrive in a fully-stocked truck, ready to solve your problem. Most repairs can be completed in a single day! Request an appointment today!
Warning Signs That You May Have an Issue With Your Sewer Line
- If both your shower and toilet or multiple drains are slow backing up at the same time, this can an indication of sewer line backup
- Water backs up into a different drain when another drain is used. If only one drain is slow, it may not be a problem with your sewer
- Sewage smell from drains or in the home
- Gurgling sounds
- Wet spots in your yard in the vicinity of your sewer line
- Extra green spots above your sewer line
You may not experience any of these issues but could still have a problem in your sewer line.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Problems:
- Roots- Tree roots: penetrating sewer lines is one of the most common sewer problems we see here in San Diego. Over time tree roots can cause significant damage to your sewer pipe and be the cause of sewer backups.
- Old pipes: Cast iron was commonly used for sewer and plumbing pipes at the time that many of San Diego’s older homes were built. Cast iron pipes become brittle and deteriorate and corrode over time and may be in poor condition. If your home still has cast iron plumbing or sewer pipes, we recommend having a plumbing inspection to determine their condition.
- Sludge narrowing the pipe: Over time, grease and sludge can build up and clog the sewer line. If the pipes are in otherwise good condition, hydro jetting is a more economical solution than replacement.
Give your drains some TLC with expert drain cleaning by Point Loma Electric and Plumbing.
How Much Does Sewer and Drain Repair and Replacement Cost?
There are several factors that affect the cost of repairing or replacing your plumbing pipes or sewer line.
- If a sewer pipe is damaged the difficulty of making a repair can depend on the location of the pipe and how easy or difficult it is to access the pipe to replace it or make the needed repairs.
- Access to the pipe is a significant factor in the cost of making repairs. If concrete must be cut out or if the pipe is not accessible, that will impact the cost.
- One problem commonly encountered when replacing cast iron pipes is that it can be a challenge to attach new pipes to the old. Sometimes more pipe needs to be replaced than anticipated which can increase the cost.
The final cost to repair or replace a sewer line can vary widely. Sometimes a spot repair can be made which may cost less than $5000. Typical spot repairs generally start at about $1000 and go up from there. The average ranges from $1200 to $4000.
Replacing a sewer line can be costly and involved. In the San Diego area, this can range from about $5000 to $25,000 or even more depending on the length, the access, the extent of the damage and the depth of the sewer line.
Call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing today at 619-224-0672 and we’ll have those drain or sewer pipes repaired in no time!