Water Softener Installation in San Diego
Are you looking to improve the quality and taste of your water? Consider installing a whole house water softener installed by your greater San Diego area experts.
Opting to install a whole house water softener is a great way to both soften and filter the water entering your San Diego, CA home. Hard water can work to clog the pipes in your plumbing system, decrease the effectiveness of the soap you use to clean yourself, your clothes, and your dishes, and can leave stains on your porcelain. Often, many of these consequences of hard water go unnoticed for years until the damage is already done. Luckily, our plumbing experts can help you find the ideal solution and provide you with water conditioning services for your home.
Water softener not the right option? We offer a wide range of water filtration systems that can work to address your specific water quality concerns.
How Do Water Softeners Work?
Water that contains high levels of calcium and magnesium is considered “hard water.” Water softeners for the home effectively remove these minerals from your water supply. These filtration systems do this through a process called ion exchange in which a household’s water flows through a mineral tank containing resin beads that are charged with a sodium ion.
Sodium ions have a negative charge, while calcium and magnesium both have a positive charge. As the water flows around these beads, the calcium and magnesium are pulled from the water and are replaced with a sodium ion. Some people worry about increased sodium levels in their water, but the amount of added sodium is so small, it is not harmful.
The Benefits of Water Softener Installation
For many homeowners, opting for a new appliance can be an unexpected expense. However, when you consider the damage hard water can have on your health, fixtures, and plumbing, it’s easy to see the benefits. Some other benefits of whole house water softener installation include:
- Softer Skin & Hair: Calcium and Magnesium tend to react with the compounds found in soap and detergents, so removing them makes them more effective. If you notice your soap has difficulty lathering, with a water softener in place, you’ll be able to resolve this issue once and for all.
- Hydrated Skin: Many people with hard water complain of dry and itchy skin after taking a shower. Soft water helps to preserve your body’s natural oils, leaving your skin smoother and effectively reducing dryness and redness.
- Protect Pipes: The minerals present in hard water tend to build up in your plumbing system, causing costly damage and making them more inefficient. Avoid these problems through home water softener installation.
- Better Tasting Water: If you want the water coming straight from your tap taste like bottled water, consider calling a water softener installation company. By removing the impurities found in your water, you can easily enjoy clean and crisp water whenever you want it.
- Lower Utility Bills: With soft water, your water heater doesn’t have to work as hard to warm the water in your home, which can save you up to 27% in utility bills every year. Additionally, by limiting damage, you can avoid other repair issues caused by hard water scale.
When it comes to your home and plumbing, the biggest concern is always going to be pipe damage. Hard water can cause scale, which can easily damage your pipes and appliances. By working with our water softener service company, you can enjoy convenient installation and peace of mind that your home is protected.
Has hard water already damaged your water heater? Opt for an upgrade and work with our plumbers for all your water heater installation needs.
Is Hard Water a Concern for Your Home?
You may be wondering, how do I know if my home has hard water? While you can pay for water testing strips from your local hardware store, there is a simple trick to try. Fill a container with a lid with soapy water. Shake the container and check to see if bubbles form. If only a few suds form, your home likely has hard water. If you find your San Diego, CA home does have hard water and you’re looking to change that, work with our water softener installation company to fight back!
At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing we have over 32 years of experience serving the greater San Diego area. With an A+ BBB rating and 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed, we are confident we can handle any plumbing issues and answer all of your water softening questions.
Hard water can damage your plumbing and dry out your skin. Call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing at (619) 224-0672 to get a water softener installed today!