Electric Outlet Repair Services in San Diego
You can improve the safety and convenience of your San Diego home by adding GFCI outlets, USB charging outlets and new receptacles in convenient locations.
Unless the electrical system has been updated, many older San Diego homes have out-of-date electrical systems Dated outlets and switches can leave families vulnerable to fires, especially those that have a lot of appliances plugged in throughout the house. If your home has old electrical outlets and switches, consider updating your electric system to keep your household safe.
At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we are the trusted electric outlet repair and replacement company in the greater San Diego area. Whether your outlets are old and failing to provide power or you want to upgrade them with modern features, you can count on our electricians to find the right receptacles for your home.
Are your outlet issues a sign of a bigger problem with your home’s electrical system? Replacing old outlets is important for the safety of your home.
If your panel is greater than 25 years old, it may also be time to consider a panel upgrade or rejuvenation. Electrical Panels have a useful life of 25-35 years. We will do a complementary panel checkup with every service call.
Signs It’s Time to Upgrade Your Electrical Outlets
You can upgrade your electrical outlets for several reasons revolving around convenience and safety. Here are some signs you should replace your outlets:
- No power: There are several reasons for outlets to fail including age and loose connections
- Loose outlets: Outlets can loosen over time due to use and age. This can be a significant safety hazard
- Sparks: Defective outlets can cause sparks when you plug in an appliance.
- Buzzing sounds: If you hear buzzing sounds from an outlet, call an electrician immediately
- Tripping circuit breakers: One outlet repeatedly blowing fuses indicates a problem.
- Burn marks or browning: If you can see brown or burn marks on your outlet, this indicates the need for immediate evaluation by an electrician
Replacing Your Electrical Outlets
Replacing the electrical outlets in your home is one of the least expensive and most important actions you can take to make your home safer. One of the most common causes of house electrical fires is loose connections in outlets. The safety benefits of replacing old outlets in your home far exceed any cost. Outlets have a useful lifespan of 10-15 years and frequently used outlets should be replaced if they become loose or lose some of their function.
Replacing outdated electrical outlets can dramatically improve the safety of your home but can also improve the appearance, functionality and property value.
Upgraded Electrical Outlet
If your home was built before 1985, if the faceplate is cracked or broken, if the outlet feels warm to the touch, you see burn marks or if the outlet stops working, it’s time to replace the electrical outlet. There are many new options to update and upgrade the functionality of your home such as smart outlets and USB outlets.
USB Wall Outlet Installation
Many homeowners are installing integrated USB charging outlets to conveniently charge their electronic devices. USB outlets offer a stronger current that makes charging electronic devices much more efficient and convenient. Additionally, with added outlets and more ports, you can easily connect all your electronics in a more streamlined method — no more unsightly charging bricks or unplugging one device to charge your phone.
Replace GFCI Outlet
A ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet protects you from the danger of shock or electrocution. They are required by code in any area that is exposed to water or moisture such as the kitchen, bathrooms, laundry rooms, garages and outdoors. GFCI receptacles are one of the most important electrical safeguards for your home. A properly working GFCI receptacle will immediately shut off the flow of electricity in the event of exposure to moisture. GFCI outlets have 2 buttons, one to test the operation and another to reset the outlet. GFCI receptacles should be tested for proper operation annually and evaluated and replaced if they trip frequently or do not reset properly.
Although electrical outlets are a common cause of home electrical issues, there are sometimes less visible concerns in the wires behind your wall.
If your home is experiencing any loss of power, flickering lights or intermittent outages the experienced electricians at Point Loma Electric and Plumbing can help you with electrical wiring troubleshooting.
Benefits of Replacing Your Electrical Outlets
There are a number of benefits to replacing the electrical outlasts in your home.
- Safety: The most important reason to replace your old or worn electrical outlets is to protect your home from potential fires. Loose connections inside electrical outlets are the most common cause of house fires.
- Convenience: Why bend over to reach outlets close to the floor. You can avoid unsightly cords and make it easier to plug in your lights and other appliances by installing outlets just below table level. You can also install light switches near entry doors rather than walking across a dark room to turn on a light. Modern outlets can also include convenient and space-saving features like USB ports.
- Enhanced appearance and value: New, modern, clean and updated electrical outlets and switches will dramatically improve the appearance and value of your home.
Why Point Loma Electric and Plumbing
When it comes to making your San Diego home safer and more attractive, choose Point Loma Electric and Plumbing. We are San Diego’s older home specialists with decades of experience. Replacing and upgrading outdated outlets is one of the quickest and least expensive upgrades you can do for your home. Our well-trained and vetted electricians will do the job right the first time around.
We offer a lifetime warranty to back our standards. When it comes to selecting an electrical contractor to update and upgrade your home choose Point Loma Electric and Plumbing for friendly five-star service every time.
Call a Licensed Electrical Contractor for Outlet Replacement
Working with electricity can be dangerous and is best left to professionals. The risk of shock or electrocution is not worth saving a few dollars and it’s important that your electrical work is done safely and to code.
With an A+ BBB rating and 100% satisfaction guaranteed, we are the company that San Diego residents trust. Call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing at (619) 224-0672 or contact us to learn more about our electrical outlet repair and replacement options.
If you need an electrical upgrade, call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing today. Our team of electricians can handle any repair or upgrade your home needs.