Trenchless Pipe Repair in San Diego
Get your sewer lines repaired without damaging your front lawn and landscaping with revolutionary trenchless pipe repair service.
Sewage issues can be a major headache for any household. Sewage backups can be painful to repair, cause unpleasant smells throughout a homeowner’s house and lawn, and leave a home susceptible to bacteria. However, digging up and replacing a plumbing pipe can be costly and throw a wrench in your daily schedule. Luckily, there is a better way. At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we are your trenchless repair experts. Using this no dig sewer replacement method, you can enjoy a long-lasting and efficient fix, without ruining the landscaping for your home.
Need to know if your sewer lines are damaged? We also offer sewer video inspections to ensure our repair is done correctly and accurately.
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repair
There are many warning signs to watch for to help determine when your plumbing needs to be repaired or replaced. Ignoring these warning signs can lead to a messy disaster down the line, so it’s essential you call an expert immediately after noticing any issues. Signs include:
- Sewage smell or wet spots in your yard
- Low water levels
- Inconsistent water pressure
- Foundation Leaks
Types of Trenchless Repairs
Trenchless sewer repair or trenchless sewer replacement is the process of repairing or replacing a damaged sewer line by restoring the structure internally rather than digging up the pipe, which can be costly and disruptive. This can help solve problems caused by tree roots or minor pipe misalignment. Methods used to repair and replace damaged pipes include:
- Pipe Bursting (replacement): Two holes are dug at each end of the pipe being replaced. A bursting head is pulled through the old pipe, effectively breaking the pipe outward. Then a new pipe can be pulled into its place.
- Trenchless Sewer Relining (repair): A felt tube with epoxy is placed inside your existing pipe. Once inflated, the tub takes the shape of the existing pipe.
- Pipe Coating (repair): Epoxy is applied to the inside of a pipe to repair cracks. This is usually a good option if the damage to the pipe is minor.
All of these methods require a plumber first to inspect the damaged or broken pipe using a scoping camera. Once the damage has been located, a plumber can recommend the right approach to handle the damage.
Excess buildup is a common cause of damage to your sewer system. If you’re noticing low water pressure and slow drainage, it may be time to consider a hydro jetting appointment.
Advantages of Trenchless Repairs
Finding the right sewer line repair method is critical to protect your San Diego area home. There are many advantages to opting for trenchless repair or replacement. Some of these advantages include:
- Low Labor Cost: Trenchless technologies mean less labor is needed for a repair or replacement job as there is no digging involved. Therefore, the homeowner saves money on labor costs
- Environmentally Friendly: Old piping is used as a skeleton in trenchless repair, so you’re not throwing out old parts and contributing to a landfill
- Longer Lasting Pipes: The liner and epoxy used for repairs and replacements are much stronger than the metal or plastic of the original pipe.
- Convenience: The majority of work can be performed outside of the home, so a homeowner’s daily life is not disrupted. Homeowners also don’t need to worry about their landscaping getting destroyed by a working crew
If you need a pipe repair or replacement, call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we are the experts San Diego residents trust. With an A+ BBB rating and with over 32 years of experience, we’re here to answer all of your questions about trenchless pipe repair and help you and your household fix your plumbing issues without any hassle.
What Is Trenchless Sewer Lining?
Depending on the condition of the sewer line, trenchless sewer lining may be the best solution to resolve your sewer problems.
Trenchless epoxy sewer lining is much less disruptive than digging up your sewer lines to replace them. The cost is typically comparable to traditional sewer replacement method but without the expense of reconstruction.
With trenchless sewer lining, the condition of the pipes must first be evaluated to determine if the line is a good candidate for this process. The next step is to thoroughly clean the line by hydro-jetting to give the liner a nice clean surface to adhere to. Once the line is prepared the epoxy liner can be installed and you will be left with a sewer that is practically brand new.
Sewer line problems should be fixed sooner than later to prevent costly water damage. Ignoring a leak or plumbing problem can easily escalate into property damage or a health concern.
Call today at (619) 224-0672 to learn how Point Loma Electric and Plumbing can help you repair or replace your plumbing with the minimally invasive method of trenchless sewer repair and replacement.