About Point Loma Electric and Plumbing – Your Licensed San Diego Electrical Contractors
At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing we pride ourselves on providing top notch services. We are not the cheapest and will never claim that, but we do always put our customers first. We take our 100% satisfaction guarantee very seriously.
We realize that every customer has different electrical repair and service needs. When you are making decisions as important as those concerning your Electrical Repairs, Electrical Upgrades or Service and Repair, the more informed you are the easier it is to make your decisions.
Our experienced and skilled licensed electricians will provide you with all the information you need to make informed decisions about your homes electrical system. They will offer you a number of possible solutions for your residential or commercial electrical issues.
We provide permanent solutions to persistent electrical problems
James Dent the owner of Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, is a Master Electrician.
Jim began his career as an electrician with his fathers company, Dent Electric in Northern Virginia in the early 1970’s. While working for his fathers residential electrical service company, Jim discovered that he had a real knack for trouble shooting residential electrical problems.
After setting out on his own, he gained extensive experience in many aspects of commercial and industrial electrical repair and service to round out his residential electrical experience. Jim has wired everything from shopping centers to custom homes, and has experience working with homeowners associations, the City of San Diego and SDGE. After many years working for other electrical contractors, Jim struck out on his own, got his electrical contractors license and started Point Loma Electric and Plumbing in 1988.
Although we do everything that every electrician should be able to handle, Jim’s true passion is older homes. Unlike most electricians, Jim enjoys the challenges of working in older homes. We know how to how to handle your residential electrical service with minimal disruption and mess. Jim is honest and will never try to sell you services you do not need. He will tell you what is critical and what issues can wait.
Over the years, Jim has established a strong reputation for his ethical and honest approach to working with customers and the quality and skill of his workmanship as an electrical contractor in San Diego.
While most owners of electrical contracting companies spend their time at theirs desks and send estimators and journeyman or apprentices out to do the actual work, Jim still does most of the estimating himself and can be found actually doing the work and supervising many of our jobs. We care about the quality and the craftsmanship of every job, no matter how large or small. Our electrical work is done correctly, by the book, to code and neatly whether you will see the work or if it will be hidden behind walls. We take great pride in our work and have worked very hard to establish our reputation. We will always guarantee your satisfaction.
Our Core Values Define Us:
- Integrity: This means we do the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Pride In Workmanship: We don’t cut corners or take shortcuts and our work is done with a high level of pride and craftsmanship
- Service To Our Customers: Our customers are the reason for our existence. You deserve the highest level of service at all times from beginning to end
- Teamwork: We strive to be a great place to work and provide a positive, nurturing family environment for our employees. We work together for growth and success for all
- Always Be Improving: We strive to always be improving, personally and professionally both as individuals and as a company
At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing our mission is simple:
- We strive to provide a safe and secure environment for our valuable customers. You are the reason for our existence and our success.
- Trust, Integrity, Value and Service is our motto. Our mission is to provide you with outstanding service while ensuring that Point Loma Electric and Plumbing remains a successful and viable business that will still be around long in the future to honor our warranties and provide employment for fantastic electricians.
- We aim to provide a positive and rewarding work environment for our employees and we hire only the best. Our employees are the reason we can provide our clients with outstanding service. They are paid fairly and are offered benefits such as health insurance, 401K, and paid time off. We carry workman’s compensation insurance for their protection as well as yours.
- We will not cut corners or take shortcuts.
- And being the best and being the cheapest are mutually exclusive. The old adage that you get what you pay for is often true.
- Our goal is to provide value to our customers and to ensure that we are run as a profitable business that can treat our employees fairly as well as contribute back to society.
- We can confidently claim that you will receive the highest level of professional service from expert electricians who are proud to be the best at what they do.
- Our promise is to do everything in our power to ensure that your experience working with Point Loma Electric and Plumbing will exceed your expectations, and we are not satisfied until you are.