Water Heater Services in San Diego
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing is here to help with quality water heater service including electric and gas water heater units!
Hot water is an important necessity, but did you know that most traditional hot water heaters need replaced typically every 10 years especially if not well maintained?
Whether you have a minor issue with your San Diego home’s hot water heater or are ready to replace it, Point Loma Electric and Plumbing can offer multiple water heater solutions to best fit your needs and your budget.
Call your local plumber today at 619-224-0672 to schedule your water heater service.
San Diego Water Heater Repair Service
Depending on the severity of the issue, our plumbing contractors will be able to provide you with a water heater repair service. By addressing problems early on, you can avoid the biggest issues which can include a cracked tank or an electrical issue.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
For most families, you rely on your water heater on a daily basis, so a breakdown can cause major problems. Whether your water heater is leaking or you’re not getting any hot water at all, knowing when to contact a plumber is essential. Some of the most common symptoms of a water heater repair issue include:
- High Energy Costs: Water heaters heat your water throughout the day, ensuring you have a hot water supply when you need it. Because of this, they can consume a lot of energy when compared to other appliances. However, as your unit ages or falls into disrepair, it can increase those costs even further.
- Low Water Capacity: Are you running out of hot water faster than normal? If your electric water heater is struggling to heat enough hot water for your entire family to use, there could be damage to the heating element, which will need to be replaced or repaired by an expert.
- Rust Buildup: Rust and water are a common combination. And because your unit is constantly holding water, it could be a major concern as your unit gets older. Any rust buildup on outside connections and fittings, or rust in the water itself, should not be ignored.
- Heating Issues: Your water heater should be able to produce consistent water temperatures. If you’re getting scalding water one minute and lukewarm the next, there may be a problem with the heating elements and the temperature controls on your unit.
- Old Age: The average water heater has a shelf life of about 10 years. As it reaches those later years, it may require more frequent repairs. However, if your unit is old, struggling to produce consistent temperatures, and requiring more than a few repairs a year, it may be time to consider a hot water tank replacement.
Did you know installing a water softener can protect your water tank and help it last longer?
Replacing a Hot Water Heater in your San Diego Home
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing is a leading hot water heater installation team in the San Diego area. We’ll install your new water heater fast and respect your home along the way. Our customers can choose from two types of water heaters:
- Tank water heaters: We have used these traditional water heaters in San Diego homes for decades. These heaters store numerous gallons of water and exert energy to keep it hot.
- Tankless water heaters: These new, energy-efficient water heaters heat water when you turn the faucet instead of keeping it hot at all times.
Benefits of Replacing Your Hot Water Heater
Although a new water heater installation can be an unexpected project for many homeowners in the San Diego area, it does offer plenty of benefits as well. Outside of resolving your repair issues, a water heater tank replacement will:
- Lower Your Energy Costs: It takes energy to heat water, and energy costs money. However, your system may have you paying more than necessary. Repairing your current system can improve its performance and lower your bills, as can installing a new one. With high-efficiency systems, your water heater will use less energy while still providing you with that same performance you depend on.
- Increase Hot Water Capacity: For many homeowners, a water heater upgrade is a great way to increase your hot water capacity. If your family is growing, chances are you run out of hot water often. With a larger tank in place, you’ll enjoy enough hot water for the whole family.
- Improve Water Pressure and Quality: Water heaters use pressurized air to send hot water to your faucets. An old or damaged hot water heater will stop producing the pressure you need. The faulty heater could cause odors or allow particles to taint your water. A new water heater will restore your confidence in your water.
- Provide Consistent Water Temperatures: If there’s one thing a water heater should do, it’s produce hot water. Your old or damaged hot water heater may send lukewarm water through your pipes or fail to maintain the heat long enough for a comfortable shower. You may even experience water suddenly becoming too hot for your skin. A reliable water heater will send a consistent supply of warm water.
- Provide Quieter Operation: A new water heater will give you a little more peace and quiet. Old water heaters naturally make noise, so replacing the system will be an automatic improvement. Even newer hot water heaters will become noisier over time, but repairing and eventually replacing your unit will help.
Looking to upgrade even further? Be sure to ask our technicians about our tankless water heater options and how they can gain you access to limitless hot water!
Schedule Your Hot Water Heater Repairs or Replacement
Running out of hot water on a daily basis? A faulty water heater could be to blame. Point Loma Electric and Plumbing offers full water heater service solutions for standard tank and tankless water heaters. With more than 3 decade of experience, we proudly serve cities and neighborhoods including La Jolla, Ocean Beach, Clairemont, Pacific Beach, University City, Hillcrest, Mission Hills and more! Call us today at (619) 224-0672 or contact us online to schedule a hot water heater service for your San Diego home.
Replacing or repairing your hot water heater will help you feel more comfortable at home.