Light Switch & Dimmer Services in San Diego
Get more control over the lighting in your San Diego area home with personalized lighting switches and dimmers.
While having electric lighting in your home was once a miracle, technology has expanded to make personalization a norm. Now, homeowners have access to light switches that offer more control over lighting than ever. The perks of modern light switches are available for any San Diego home, not just the new ones. You can update the light switches in an old home with ease, especially with a reliable electrician on your side.
At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we love helping you update your spaces with the newest technology like our modern light switches and dimmers. Our electricians perform toggle and dimmer switch replacement services that make updating your switches faster and easier than ever. Get in touch for more about installing light switches in older homes.
Looking to take more control over the look and feel of your home? Be sure to learn more about our indoor lighting options today!
Light Switch Wiring and Replacement Services
The electricians at Point Loma Electric and Plumbing are your local light switch service experts. Whether you want to replace a switch with a dimmer or install smart switches for your entire home, we can help. We’ll install or repair any kind of light switch, including:
- Dimmer switches: Enjoy a wide lighting range with a slide, touchpad or rotary dial that adjusts the room’s brightness.
- Toggle switches: Update your older home with simple, reliable toggle switches.
- Push-button switches: Install an older style of switch that’s having a resurgence in popularity.
- Motion-activated switches: Your presence brightens the room — literally!
- Smart switches: Control your lights from your smartphone for ultimate convenience, efficiency and safety.
Signs Your Light Switches Need Replacement
There are two good opportunities to replace light switches in your home. The first is when you are renovating or updating a space. The second is when you notice they are wearing out. It’s always impressive to see the difference that can be made during a remodel by simply updating switches. However, there are other warning signs to look out for that your light switch may be damaged.
This can include:
- Flickering lights
- High energy costs
- Humming behind a light switch
- Outdated design
- Burning smell or discoloration
- Poor response (takes the light time before turning on)
If you want to replace a light switch with a dimmer, it’s important to work with an experienced electrician. New switches and plate covers can be chosen to emphasize the style changes you are making to a room. Furthermore, installing dimmers lets you have functional levels of light exactly where you want it in a room.
Benefits of Updating Your Flickering Lights
Your building may be old, but you can still enjoy the convenience of modern light switches. Whether you choose new toggles or dimmable dials, there are numerous advantages to updating your light switches.
Having new dimmable lighting in a room can completely change the function of the space. High levels of light promote a feeling of energy and productivity while low levels of light can bring about a relaxing and warm atmosphere. Your new switches will let you choose the right amount of light for the situation.
Installing a dimmer light switch can also add versatility to the rooms in your San Diego, California, home. For example, think of a dining room. Light can be turned up bright when the room is being used as a workspace. Then they can be dimmed to add a hospitable feel to a dinner party. Dimmer switches add the convenience of being able to take advantage of different lighting for different occasions.
Efficiency is another benefit of updating your light switches. Setting your new dimmers or smart switches halfway will use half the energy that you’d be using at full power. You’ll reduce your energy bill while also extending each bulb’s lifespan.
Repairing a faulty switch can also help avoid any electrical shortages or fire risks, which are common concerns as your electrical system ages. Be sure to schedule a wiring inspection today!
Why Hire a Professional for Light Switch Installation?
Installing dimmer switches can be as easy as swapping out a conventional switch for a dimmer switch. However, enlisting the help of the electricians at Point Loma Electric and Plumbing can be helpful. Here’s how a professional can help:
- Compatibility: With new LED technology, you will need to verify that you have dimmable bulbs in place for your new switches to work correctly. Even with older incandescent technology, an electrician must verify that the lighting is appropriate. Save yourself the confusion by letting a professional make sure you have compatible equipment.
- Compliance: There are all sorts of complex codes and regulations to follow when performing electrical work. Your electrician will save you the violation fees by ensuring all the wiring is up to code.
- Accuracy: Electrical work takes skill. With professional services, you can trust that the switch itself has been installed currently.
Request Switch Replacement Services Today
New light switches improve your home’s safety and convenience. Whether you need new switches installed to complete a renovation or you need light switch wiring repairs, we have the knowledge to serve you.
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing is an experienced, reliable company serving homeowners in and around San Diego. We’ve been in business for more than 30 years, and our electricians combine decades of first-hand experience. You can count on us for timely services and respect for your property.
Along with our technical expertise, we pride ourselves on customer service and we love helping you select the best options for your home. Let us help you navigate your light switch upgrades so you can be sure that all the appropriate equipment is in place to help you beautify your home. We’ll also back our work with a lifetime warranty — you can feel confident knowing a dependable team is available for repairs when you need them.
Call (619) 224-0672 or contact us online today to schedule dimmer switch services in the San Diego area!
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing is available to transform your San Diego home with new light switches.