Gas Line Repair & Installation in San Diego
As a homeowner, you must have your gas line annually inspected to help detect issues that may go unnoticed. Keep your home safe with expert care from Point Loma Electric and Plumbing.
Gas leaks are arguably the most dangerous maintenance issue that can occur in your home. A natural gas leak can potentially be fatal for you and your family in the form of an explosion or asphyxia. At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we understand the dangers of a natural gas leak and are here to help prevent it from happening with gas line repair and installation services. Never try to work on the gas line into your home yourself as it is incredibly dangerous and illegal in the greater San Diego area. Instead, work with our expert gas fitters and enjoy proper functionality with added peace of mind in your home.
If your water heater uses natural gas, be sure the fittings are in good health as well. Be sure to ask about our water heater service to keep your unit safe.
Detecting a Damaged Gas Line
With proper gas line installation, natural gas is very safe. However, you may find yourself dealing with a damaged gas line, and it’s important to be aware of the signs of these issues so you can take immediate action. This can include:
- The smell of sulfur or rotten eggs throughout the home
- Hissing sound near a gas line
- Visible dust cloud by a gas line
- Bubbles in a household’s water
- Dead or dying houseplants
If you observe any of these signs, you must evacuate your entire household immediately to protect yourself and your family. Once everyone is out of the house, contact our gas line repair express for help.
An old or damaged gas line can also induce medical symptoms in individuals, particularly children and the elderly. So also be on the lookout for:
- Difficulty Breathing
Many people are tempted to try to locate the gas leak inside their home when signs and symptoms start to occur. Do not do this. Walking through your home, trying to find the leak will further expose you to the natural gas and increase the chances of an explosion. Instead, once you leave the house, keep a safe distance, and do not reenter the house until the gas company has told you it is safe to do so.
Benefits of Gas Line Installation
Homeowners in the greater San Diego area can opt for a gas line installation in two situations. Either they’re replacing an old line that has become damaged or you’re planning on adding new gas appliances to your home.
- Gas Appliance Hookups: Whether it’s a new water heater or an upgraded furnace, opting for a gas pipe replacement is the best way to complete those new connections. Not only will it add peace of mind, but also it will ensure the best performance from your new systems.
- Outdoor Kitchen Ideas: Your yard can become an outdoor oasis with a BBQ gas line installation. By integrating your outdoor kitchen with your existing gas system, you can enjoy better performance without worrying about refilling your propane tank before every party.
- Old Home Upgrades: As your older home specialists, we understand how common it is for an old gas line to pose a safety risk for your home. If you’re noticing poor performance from your appliances or have discovered a potential leak, a gas line replacement is always the best solution for your home.
Want to compliment your new outdoor kitchen? Be sure to ask about our outdoor lighting options and create an oasis in your yard!
Why Professional Help is Critical
Any time you are working with a gas line, you should call a professional. This includes work that needs to be done on your barbeque gas line and all gas appliance hookups. Not only will this avoid an emergency, but also it can ensure that your San Diego home is up to code. With over 32 years of local experience, flat-rate pricing, and an A+ rating with the BBB, you can count on us to keep your home and family safe.
Worried that your old gas line may be causing issues in your San Diego, CA home? Call us today at (619) 224-0672. From gas line repair to new installations, you can count on our plumbers for help.