Point Loma Whole House Generator Services
What Will You Do When Your Power Goes Out?
Wildfire season is approaching, and with utility companies launching unprecedented planned power outages, homeowners are scrambling to be prepared. Our team at Point Loma Electric and Plumbing proudly services the Greater San Diego area. You don’t fully realize your dependence on electricity until the power goes out. Refrigerators, freezers, medical devices, phones, lights and computers, how will you keep them up and running during a power outage or failure? With a whole home generator or a standby generator with a manual transfer switch, you can be prepared for both planned and unplanned power outages.
Upgrade your electrical panel today by choosing our experts for electrical panel service.
What Can You Do to Prepare for Power Outages?
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing offers several choices for your whole house generator installation.
Here are some options:
- Whole house automatic standby generators will automatically turn on if the power goes out and can power essential portions of your home or even your entire home. These can even be controlled remotely.
- An alternative to installing a permanent whole house standby generator is a portable gasoline-powered generator. Portable generators with a transfer switch can be used to power a few items and will need to be manually started by the homeowner and kept filled with gas. You can hire a licensed electrician to install a transfer switch to operate a single circuit or even several circuits in the home so that you can keep your essential items running.
- Even those with solar will be out of luck unless they have the means to store and distribute the power generated by their solar panels. There are home battery backup power products available that will allow you to store enough power to run the essential circuits in your home for 6-8 days. Some can even be re-charged with portable solar panels to keep your important appliances running.
Planning for power outages should be part of every emergency preparedness plan. Be prepared in case of a natural disaster and install an earthquake shut off valve.
Benefits of Installing a Whole Home Generator
Disasters strike when you least expect them to. That’s why it’s best to be prepared for any unpredictable conditions that may come your way. Installing a backup generator is one of the main ways you can ensure your safety and comfort in the event of an emergency.
You may not consider how many of your home appliances rely on power. Even something as simple as charging your phone can become impossible when the power is out. Here are the main benefits of an emergency generator:
- Keep life-saving medical equipment on: If you or a family member suffers from an illness that requires medical equipment, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing a natural disaster or unforeseen blackout won’t cut you off from life-saving medical equipment.
- Have access to your phone and other devices: If there is an outage, phones are incredibly helpful to stay in contact with family and friends as well as check on the status of emergency orders and conditions. Keep all of your appliances on.
- Operate heating and cooling systems: If you’re in an emergency, the last thing you want to worry about is being able to stay comfortable. A generator can keep your heating or cooling running so you don’t have to suffer.
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing has been serving the greater San Diego Area since 1988. We can help with any electrical or plumbing problem from minor to major and are now offering comprehensive energy solutions from solar power to automatic whole house standby generators and home battery backup systems. Call us today at 619-224-0672.