San Diego Whole Home Standby Generator Installation
What Will You Do When Your Power Goes Out?
Wildfire season is approaching, and with the California Utilities launching unprecedented planned power outages, homeowners are scrambling to be prepared. You don’t fully realize your dependence on electricity until the power goes out. Refrigerators, freezers, medical devices, phones, lights and computers, how will you keep them up and running during a power outage or failure? With a whole home generator or a standby generator with a manual transfer switch, you can be prepared for both planned and unplanned power outages.
Don’t be left in the dark, Call Point Loma Electric and Plumbing for your home generator solutions!
We arrive in a fully-stocked truck, ready to solve your problem. Most repairs can be completed in a single day! Contact us today!
What Can You Do to Prepare for Power Outages?
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing offers several choices for your whole house generator installation.
Here are some options:
- Whole house automatic standby generators will automatically turn on if the power goes out and can power essential portions of your home or even your entire home. These can even be controlled remotely.
- An alternative to installing a permanent whole house standby generator is a portable gasoline-powered generator. Portable generators with a transfer switch can be used to power a few items and will need to be manually started by the homeowner and kept filled with gas. You can hire a licensed electrician to install a transfer switch to operate a single circuit or even several circuits in the home so that you can keep your essential items running.
- Even those with solar will be out of luck unless they have the means to store and distribute the power generated by their solar panels. There are home battery backup power products available that will allow you to store enough power to run the essential circuits in your home for 6-8 days. Some can even be re-charged with portable solar panels to keep your important appliances running.
Planning for power outages should be part of every emergency preparedness plan.
From generator installation to light switch repair and everything in between, Point Loma Electric & Plumbing can assist with all of your electrical needs.
We Proudly Install Kohler Generators
Installing a generator on your property to keep your home running safely in the midst of a power outage is a smart decision. At Point Loma Electric and Plumbing, we recommend and install Kohler generators. These state of the art systems are the best in the industry and provide many benefits:
- Automatically restores power to your home in seconds
- Powers crucial hard-wired systems like your heater, AC, sump pump, and security systems
- No need for refueling as these systems run on your home’s natural or LP gas
- Powers your electronics without harming them
Contact Point Loma Electric and Plumbing For Service Today!
If you would like to install a Kohler generator on your property, give us a call to schedule service with one of our licensed expert electricians. We can help with any electrical problem from minor to major and are now offering comprehensive energy solutions from Solar Power to Automatic whole house Standby generators and home battery backup systems. Call us today at 619-224-0672!
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing has been serving the greater San Diego Area since 1988.