The Dos and Don’ts of Hiring an Electrical Contractor
Although there are a number of electrical contractors, electrical companies, and individual electricians in San Diego, it is important to note that not all electricians have the necessary experience and skills to deliver high-quality services. No matter how large or small your issue is, you need to make sure the electrical contractor you are hiring knows what they are doing.
- Always verify qualifications or look for references.
- Check the rates of the company or electrical contractor.
- Do a thorough check on prior work and feedback by previous customers.
- Talk to friends and neighbors about your intention to hire a particular electrical contractor.
- Always hire licensed companies or electrical contractors because they won’t compromise on quality.
- Never prioritize choosing the cheaper option when dealing with wiring and electrical problems. Cheaper service providers might not do a commendable job, and this can lead to increased risks of hazards like electrical fires.
- Never hire uninsured contractors.
- Always demand for a quote upfront before getting the job done. Private contractors can make unreasonable demands once the job is complete. If they hesitate to provide one, it is a sign that there will be a problem after they do the job.
- Never agree to pull a permit for the job on your own. The electrician should handle it. If they cannot, it’s safe to assume that they don’t have a license.
- Do not assume that every electrical contractor listed in the phone book or found online is reputable and licensed. Always verify qualifications and inquire about their reputation.
- Never assume that the electrical contractor has skills because a company sent them. If they are a professional, their overall appearance and behavior will tell you whether you should let them work on your electrical problem.
Hiring the wrong electrical contractor is likely to result in incomplete or below-average work, not to mention the likelihood that they have violated codes and standards while in the process. Choosing the right contractor is essential to ensuring the work was done right and that you won’t have problems in the future.
Making the Right Choice
We believe that Point Loma Electric is the right choice for all of your electrical needs.
- Point Loma Electric is licensed by the State of CA with license c-10 931938, and carries 2M of general liability insurance and commercial auto insurance for your protection.
- All employees are covered by workers compensation for your protection.
- We will treat you and your home with the respect you deserve.
- We use only the best quality of materials and will never take shortcuts or cut corners that could compromise your safety or the quality of work you deserve.
- All employees have been drug tested and background checked for your safety and security.
- Our electricians will arrive in a fully stocked truck ready to complete your job.
- We use fair upfront, flat rate pricing. You will know the total price before we ever begin any work.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. That is a promise we take very seriously. We will do everything in our power to ensure your complete satisfaction.
We believe in the importance of establishing trust with our customers and forming relationships that will stand the test of time. When you entrust your safety to us we are grateful for the opportunity to demonstrate our professionalism, skill and integrity. You can count on us doing everything in our power to ensure your complete satisfaction with our services.