San Diego Electrical Safety Inspections
Residential Electrical systems have a typical lifespan of 25-30 years.
Electrical fires, electrocution and electric shock injuries are the most common threats in regards to your electrical safety. Electrical Safety Foundation International, President Brett C. Brenner says “Knowledge can save your life.”
According to the Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC), there was an annual average of 104,500 (unintentional, electrical, residential structure) fires from 1999-2003, which resulted in about 500 deaths, 4,280 injuries, and nearly $1.5 billion in property loss.
“If you know the signs of an overloaded electrical circuit or how to test a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet, you can prevent electrocution or electrical fires.”
If your electrical system is over 30 years old, it should be checked out for potential safety issues.
Point Loma Electric will help you take precautions to help you prevent electrical fires or electric shock due to faulty wires or appliances. Taking proactive safety precautions is a great way to prevent injury and loss.
For your safety and peace of mind we offer an electrical safety checkup for your homes electrical wiring and panel.
Find and Correct Safety Hazards and give yourself peace of mind with an Electrical Safety Checkup.
What to Expect from the Electrical Safety Checkup:
One of Point Loma Electric‘s qualified electricians will visit your home and check your homes electrical system and panel. A detailed written checklist will be filled out and given to you on site. Our electrical safety checkup will let you know of any areas that need immediate attention, recommendations for improvements and potential electrical upgrade possibilities for your home.
What Does the Electrical Safety Checkup Cover?
Below are some of the items our licensed electricians will check during your electrical safety inspection
- Switch and Wall Outlet Operation and Condition (visible locations). The electrician will open and check the condition of the wiring of a representative sample of your outlet and switches.
- Look for Visible Shock or Electrocution hazards
- Check Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCIs) if present
- Check for Safety and Security Lighting
- Check Grounding Systems
- Check for Appropriate Surge Protection
- Portable Heater Safety Check
- Check for Proper Placement and Presence of Smoke Detectors
- Test Smoke Detectors
- Test Carbon Monoxide Detectors if present
- Check the condition of the Electrical Panel
- Check for the proper wire and breaker size for the service rating
- Check for damaged connections at the main service
- Look for signs of arcing or burning at the panel
- Check Outdoor Electrical Systems
- Check for proper placement and presence of GFI’s
- Check operation of visible GFI’s
- Inspect and Report any other visible potential or immediate hazards
Before your San Diego electrician arrives, it is a good idea to make a list of any concerns or electrical problems you are having so you can discuss them with the electrician.
The purpose of electrical safety checkup inspection is to give you an overview of the condition of your home’s electrical wiring. The electrical checkup is for your information purposes only. The form is limited to the equipment, systems and electrical components that are visible to the electrician on the date of the inspection. This form is not a guarantee or warranty, that the premises is safe or defect free. The electrical safety inspection will be used to notify the homeowner of possible repairs or system upgrades based on a visual inspection. There is no way for anyone to determine what defects may be in the wiring which is behind walls.
Help protect the ones you love by calling Point Loma Electric today. Isn’t it time you got your home’s electrical system inspected?
Call us today to schedule your electrical safety check up.
If you are looking for an Electrical Safety Checkup in San Diego, please call us at 619-224-0672 or fill out our online request form.
- Older Home Electrical Upgrade
At Point Loma Electric, we have the expertise and mindset for handling electrical systems in older and historic homes. We understand that older electrical systems need special attention. A licensed San Diego electrician from Point Loma Electric has every solution that your older or historic home needs. For example, your older home may have real...Read More
- JD's Blog | How Do You Really Know They've Improved The Taste of Dog Food?
Or How Do You Really Know When Your Home’s Electrical System is in Need of An Overhaul? A Detailed Discussion on Needs vs. Wants. In case you’re wondering, I once heard that a catchier headline will capture a wider audience. What exactly has led you to even consider an electrical upgrade? Did an electrician or...Read More